Saturday, March 7, 2015

In fact, both my maternal grandmother and grandfather passed in this house.............my grandmother passed when i was a junior at JMU..........in 1996...........my grandfather in 2000..............i was not there physically when she passed...........i said my last goodbyes several months or a month before she passed.............but i was there in the room when Paul A. Ruddell passed, my maternal grandfather........my mother put on music so he could pass in peace.............we did not want him in any public place..........so we all helped collectively................we put on Louis Armstrong's "Its a wonderful world"...............they are both entombed in Maryland...........just across the street from the SE dc line..........i think it is Cedar Knoll cemetery............i went to both funerals.........the last time i was there was at his funeral in 2000...........................


This is the house my maternal grandparents bought in 1993 or so.............when they sold the house in College Park, Md.......on Adelphi road.................i had actually met my uncle Jim's girlfriend Laura before................she came East to visit several times....................right before my grandfather passed in 2000 she stayed here..........my uncle asked me to take her to the museums here in DC b/c i grew up around here...........i did...............



  1. 8902 Stratford Ln Alexandria, VA 22308
  2. 8902 Stratford Ln, Alexandria, VA 22308 - Zillow

    www.zillow.com › Virginia › Fort Hunt › 22308
    Zillow
    It is located at 8902 Stratford Ln Alexandria, Virginia. ... The number of unsold foreclosures is 83.3% less than in Fort Hunt, and 96.4% less than the national  ...
  3. 8902 stratford lane alexandria, va - Estately

    www.estately.com › Virginia › Fort Hunt › Fort Hunt
     
    $747,500.00
    2 days ago - 4 bed, 4.0 bath, 2400 sqft house at 8902 STRATFORD LANE. **Exceptional ... Browse all homes for sale in Fort Hunt, Mount Vernon. $674,900  .

No comments:

Post a Comment